Emmanuel Day School-Substitute Teachers
Emmanuel Day School is compiling a call list for SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS.
It is the goal of the Emmanuel Day School and Emmanuel Church to provide a safe, warm, fun, nurturing and highly creative environment that is also culturally, academically and spiritually rich. The job of creating a stimulating and challenging atmosphere in which children can develop and learn will be the shared responsibility of director, teachers and teacher assistants and volunteers. Social interaction and play will be vehicles for instilling such values such as acceptance of difference, self-esteem, respect and integrity. Mutual discovery will be the reward for all.
This being stated, the substitute is to possess a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others, relate well with children, EDS staff, and Priest-in-Charge and fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy and EDS handbook.
– High School Diploma
– Some experience with children under the age of 5
– Attain Safe Church Training. Re certification is required every 3 years.
– Meet DCYF requirements and qualifications. (Immunization records, Federal Background check)
– Maintaining constant supervision and safety of all children
– Reliability, flexibility and teamwork.
– Assisting with general housekeeping and maintenance tasks.
– Assisting the director, teachers, teacher assistants and other staff in appropriate ways.
– Assisting in following the daily program and weekly plans under the direction of the Lead Teacher and EDS director.
– Assisting in preparing the learning environment.
– Assisting in the set-up of interest centers, and preparing the needed materials and supplies.
– Maintaining confidentially for all student, family and staff information and photos.
– Maintaining professionalism at all times.
– Treating the children and staff with dignity and respect
Work Schedule: Per diem, on call.