Covenant for Regathering
I promise, to the best of my ability with God’s help, to abide by the guidelines of the
Diocese of Rhode Island for participation in church as we regather during the
In faithfulness to the Baptismal Covenant (BCP p. 304-305), I will strive to:
Love my neighbor as myself, by…
▪ Wearing a mask or scarf over my nose and mouth at all times in church
buildings, except momentarily to receive the sacrament or lead worship by an assigned
speaking part, and following public health guidelines for hand sanitizing and
▪ Only attending worship if I am non-symptomatic for the COVID-19 virus or any
other transmittable disease that could compromise the health of another person also
▪ Abstaining from attending worship if I am concerned that doing so would be too
great a risk due to my own health status.
Respect the dignity of every human being, by…
▪ Making no physical contact while at church with people beyond the members of my
▪ Maintaining a six foot or more distance from other members of the congregation.
▪ Respecting any requests for distance, masking, cleaning, and disinfecting to ensure
the safety and comfort level of others.
Seek and serve Christ in all people by…
▪ Supporting the decisions of my diocesan and congregational leaders.
▪ Staying connected with others in my community by telephone,
video chat, mail, or other means.
This is our expectation for all those who wish to worship with us in person. By
participating in our worship, you assume responsibility for following the above, and
acknowledge the risks of participation in an in-person gathering.